(Tweedekans) Varjo Aero
A second chance product is an item that has been returned or exchanged by a customer within the return period. The product has been checked by us and is still in good condition. The same return and warranty conditions apply to second chance products as to new products. Can we make you happy with this second chance product? Then you benefit from a nice discount!
The new Varjo Aero features a groundbreaking new design that brings virtual reality closer than ever before. The dual mini-LED lenses provide an ultra-sharp resolution of 2880 x 2720 pixels with and a pixel density of 35 PPD (pixels per degrees). This sharpness is right in the center of the lens - the place where it is most important for the human eye to be able to read. The Varjo Aero offers a sharper resolution than other comparable VR glasses on the current (Consumers) VR market.
The lenses of the Varjo Aero are aspherical, so the screen-door effect (seeing individual pixels) and god-rays (light transmitted from outside) no longer occur. In addition, the Varjo Aero has a built-in 200 Hz eye tracker and automatic, mechanical interpupillary distance settings that allow the lenses to be precisely adjusted for each user for the best possible experience.
with the "one-dot calibration" makes it possible to precisely align the Varjo Aero to the eyes within a few seconds. The eye-tracking also makes it possible to apply advanced dynamic foveated rendering to make the sharpness and resolution even higher. This makes, for example, reading a text in Virtual Reality even easier than ever before.
Want to use Varjo Aero without having to log in to Varjo Base? Then order the Varjo Aero Offline License as an additional product.
Please note: the Varjo Aero is supplied without peripherals, such as Controllers and sensors. To use the Headset you need HTC VIVE Controllers / Valve Index Knuckles and two HTC VIVE base stations.
- Dual mini-LED screens with 35 ppd (pixels per degree) and a 115-degree field of view for stunning edge-to-edge clarity.
- Crystal clear aspherical with resolution lenses that offer a vast improvement in visual fidelity over Fresnel lenses in equivalent (Consumers) VR goggles.
- Automatic IPD adjustment and ultra-fast, built-in eye tracking at 200 Hz for a tailor-made, optimal experience for each user.
- Premium lightweight comfort with a 3-point precision fit headband, active cooling and optimized ergonomics for extended use.
- Get the ultimate experience of SteamVR content including Microsoft Flight Simulator and excel with professional 3D software like Gravity Sketch and KeyVR.
- No annual software subscription, but full access to Varjo Base software updates, including a high-definition virtual desktop with Varjo Workspace.
Pros and cons
- Varjo is a leading company when it comes to the highest quality VR headsets on the market today.
- The external tracking sensors provide a better form of tracking than inside-out tracking (like the Oculus Rift S has).
- Due to the high image resolution combined with the field of view, the Varjo Aero is particularly suitable for playing simulation games, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- with With the Varjo Aero you do not need a software license (unlike the Varjo VR-3 and XR-3). The Varjo Aero is therefore suitable for both professional users and Consumers.
- Necessary peripherals, such as Controllers and sensors, are not supplied as standard and must be ordered separately.
- A powerful graphics card is recommended to get the most out of the Varjo Aero Headset.
- Setting up external sensors/base stations takes a bit more space and time than a Headset with inside-out tracking.
- Note: in all cases avoid sunlight (direct or indirect) on the lenses. The lenses act like a magnifying glass, which can quickly cause fire damage to the screens. Click here for more Information on sun damage.
What's in the box
- 1 x Varjo Aero Headset
- 1 x Switch box incl. power supply unit
- 1 x In-Ear Headphone with Integrated Microphone
- 1 x Lens cleaning cloth